Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Curse of Perfect Days - by Emery

I know I keep calling so many of these songs "awesome" or "beautiful" or something along those lines (& I may have made this point already)… but that's because they are. (at least in my opinion, right?  ;)
Emery is from Rock Hill, SC & they moved to Seattle, WA to pursue music as a career.  They were signed to Tooth & Nail Records sometime around 2002/3/4 (not sure exactly…)(they released the EP "The Columbus EEP Thee" in 2002 & their next release was w/ T&N).  They've released 4 LP's & 2 EP's with T&N, but have since moved ("have since moved" being 'a month or so ago') to one of T&N's 'daughter' company Solid State Records (who also hosts August Burns Red, Demon Hunter, The Showdown, Underoath, & other such acts).  This song is from their upcoming album "We Do What We Want" - to be released in 3 days (March 29th).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOrILA9j0Fc
In addition: here's what they have posted on their Facebook about this song:
"
"An unquestioned milestone comes four tracks into We Do What We Want, with the haunting "The Curse of Perfect Days," a song destined to become a fan favorite and live staple.  Morrell's sober, melancholy opening lines betray the deep personal significance of his words, before erupting with incendiary drums blasts and walls of shuddering overdriven guitars.  The song captures all of the elements of Emery, from the fragile and beautiful to the epic and sonically thundering.
"That song's about dreams I sometimes have about my wife dying," says Morrell.  "When I was younger and didn't have a family, I feel like death never even affected me, but now there's this under-the-surface anxiety, like if I were to die, what would I leave behind?  And if she were to pass away, what would that mean for me?  Would I go off the deep end, or would I be able to handle it and still try to be the best father I could be?  I've been so blessed in my life, that sometimes things are so perfect that I don't know what would happen if something changed."
"

No comments:

Post a Comment