Friday, June 3, 2011

We Were Made for You - by Aaron Gillespie

Sorry I haven't been able to keep going daily - I've had work to do.  To which, I won't be putting that post up (yet) that I mentioned as I've still more stuff I need to get going on...
But aside from that...
~~
I had this song in my head the past couple of days.  You should let it sit in yours, too.
Aaron Roderick Gillespie was born July 18th, 1983 in Clearwater, FL.  He was invited to join as a drummer for the band Underoath when he was only 14 years old (in 1997); he also sang in the band (mostly the clean vocals) here & there.  He continued to play with them until 2010, & "despite the public outcry", he announced that he was leaving (of course, on good terms) the band.  But back in 2005, the band The Almost started up, in which Gillespie plays drums (in the studio), guitar, & sings (& writes songs, too).  Additionally, on March 8th, 2011, he released a solo album - on Tooth & Nail Records, where Underoath & The Almost are signed - called "Anthem Song"; to which, some of the inspiration comes after he was on a missions trip to Africa.  Aside from all the music, he also enjoys food (hence: his tumblr page: aaronrgillespie.tumblr.com/ ).  This song is from "Anthem Song".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9pFv311qQs - also: this music video was filmed in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment