Saturday, January 28, 2012

Overture (&) Through the Fire - by Quick and the Dead

(not to be confused with UK band [that has since broken up])
So I've been a little lame in getting these posts out.  I've been a bit busy lately, & will continue to be, but I'm going to keep posting these (just not all with the details & the short bios I used to have time for).
That said, I found out about these guys sometime last year, & am enjoying what was.
Quick and the Dead was based out of Pleasonton, CA.  Their inception came in 2003, & included much touring & writing.  & I can't find all the specifics I would like, but I do know they released some demos in 2006 with the title "Left in the Silence", followed by their sophomore "Consider Your Options" in 2006, & two more full-length albums in their final years.  Since their time together that sadly ended in 2008, various members have gone on to be in numerous projects, including Advantage; The Threats; Jaymes Reunion; & more, including the still active Deadlines and Diamonds; & Troubled Coast.  This song is from their 3rd, but apparently unreleased album, "The Perfect Plan in Imperfect Hands", released also in 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuYN_Wjomk (<-- I can only find "Through the Fire", without the intro; but if you follow the links below, you can hear it..... I would've also posted "With Baited Breath", but I can't find that anywhere other than through IVM)

Also, you can download their entire discography (& then some) from Indie Vision Music (with whom they signed in 2007) for FREE.  Check it out:
http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2010/07/18/quick-and-the-dead-complete-collection/
But if you only wanted "The Perfect Plan...", then you can get that album for FREE on its own here:
http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2007/12/01/quick-and-the-dead-the-perfect-plan-in-imperfect-hands-free-album-download/

No comments:

Post a Comment