Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Prodigal Again" - by Rigoletto (top 11 of '11 - 5)

I was hoping to keep the list to LP's, but if the EP's are that good, y'know...
("Introducton" into "Absconder" - you should be able to just click play & have it play both...)
Rigoletto is from of Chattanooga, TN.  They are a 4-piece band who 'kicked' off their recording career (they had already been playing for roughly a year by this point) by raising $2,500 through a KickStarter campaign & subsequently recorded an EP in May of 2011.  Sadly, that's about all I can find offhand, but they are continuing to tour & play shows, & as of right now, they have a date set to play later this month with sosaveme, & SONS.
"Prodigal Again" was recorded in the early summer of 2011, & released independently August 1st, 2011.  The album was produced & recorded by Stephen Nichols, & is available for free or a tip/donation from their BandCamp page.

As I've mentioned before, I've been getting really big into the indie scene lately, & I'm loving finding all sorts of different bands here & there.  Sadly, I forget exactly how I found out about Rigoletto, but however it was, I do not regret it.  The EP starts off wonderfully with an introduction that nicely opens up the album, flowing into pure indie talent.  I think they have their genre listed nicely on their Facebook page: "not too heavy, not too soft" - they seem to have found a pleasant balance between the two.
Some other highlights: ... well, it is a 5 track EP, so I think you should just go & listen to the whole thing.  :P
http://rigoletto.bandcamp.com/album/prodigal-again
As mentioned, it is FREE, but feel free to chip in & support the band (from the BandCamp page listed above)

No comments:

Post a Comment