Sunday, January 1, 2012

"10,000 Reasons" - by Matt Redman (top 11 of '11 - 11)

So, without further ado: I'm gonna kick off the list with Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons".
("We Are the Free" - the opening track, & I figure not too shabby of a song to start the list with as well)
Matt Redman bases himself in Brighton, East Sussex (England).  Born 1974, he has been leading worship ministries since he was 20, & found himself around the world to share his music & message.  His debut album "Wake Up My Soul"[Kingsway] came in 1993, & he's since released 11 more releases plus 2 compilations.
"10,000 Reasons" was released July 12th, 2011 on sixstepsrecords & Sparrow Records.  It's a live album (just the music - no speaking in between) recorded in mid-February, 2011 at the LIFT conference in Atlanta, GA.  It charted at #66 on the Billboard 200 chart & made it up into another couple charts, too (including a couple of #1's).

I'm not going to lie, I don't generally listen to much of this sort of music, but when a friend gave me this album as a gift (thank you very much, again!) & I listened to it, something clicked & it's something I'm not going let go of.  That said: here's a couple more highlights I'd like to share with you:
"Magnificent"; & "Endless Hallelujah"

1 comment:

  1. & here's a store link if you wish to buy (I think this one's only digital, but you can find it in many Christian music retailers)
    http://268store.com/store/product/810/10%2C000-Reasons/

    ReplyDelete