Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some different music news things...

Well, I thought I'd post some news as I haven't done that for a while & I missed posting a song tonight...
That said:

Tooth & Nail Records announced just today their latest addition to their family, Abandoned Pools.  I haven't heard much, but I think someone may be onto something by describing the sound as a slight hybrid of Sainthood Reps vs. Swimming With Dolphins (both current T&N acts), with reminders of The Postal Service vs. Starflyer 59, & some Joy Electric (& yes, I did take these off of http://www.indievisionmusic.com/2012/01/30/tooth-nail-signs-abandoned-pools-ex-the-eels/ - but I do recognize most of the music to some extent, so I can back up the claims  ;)

Also: as always, there's some cool FREE (or by tip if you wish) music on NoiseTrade, & just today, Owl City/Adam Young put up a sampler for you if you wish...

& also as always, there's some good &/or anticipated/delivering releases that have come out lately including Blessed By A Broken Heart's "Feel the Power"[T&N; 2012], David Crowder*Band's "Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C Major [The Happiest of All Keys])"[SixSteps; 2012], & Tidewater's "The Beautiful Life EP"[ROXR; 2012].

Enjoy & take care.

P.S. If you want a bit of a read, check out one of my friend's blogs - her latest concerning something called marriage & what precedes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment