Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hammers & Anvils - by I Am Empire

I saw the word "anvil" in an article today... I thought of this song.
I Am Empire is from San Jose, CA.  The 5 piece band started in 2008 &, as their bio reads, "had no trouble igniting the local scene… including dates alongside Flyleaf, Sublime, Deftones, Silversun Pickups, Thursday, Four Year Strong, and The Wedding, a pair of charting singles ("You're a Fake" & "The Elevator"), plus additional acclaim from Alternative Press, AOL's Spinner.com and San Fransisco's LIVE 105 radio station".  The name 'I Am Empire' comes as a moniker that is "basically a battle cry to be yourself and never feel pressured towards conformity".  They released their self-titled debut LP on April 13th, 2009.  They signed on to Tooth & Nail Records a short while after & released the next LP "Kings" on January 25th, 2011.  This song (& video, which was released in late April) is from "Kings".

No comments:

Post a Comment