Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Wonder - by The City Harmonic

I cannot get enough of their EP… & I don't think I ever will!
TCH is a 4-piece band from Hamilton, On.  They started TCH in 2009 & were signed to Kingsway Music (Tim Hughes, Delirious?, Matt Redman, Benton Brown, Rend Collective Experiment,…) on which they released their first EP simply titled "Introducing The City Harmonic" on Nov. 23rd, 2010.  & just as a bit of random background on some of the members: Eric Fusilier (bass; bg vocals) is originally from Texas; he moved to Canada in 1999.  He & Elias Dummer (vocals; piano) studied bass together at school.  Aaron Powell (guitars; bg vocals) joined Elias' worship band in 2003 as a keyboardist (to which, Aaron & Elias apparently met each other at a punk show in 1998, & they made a secret hand shake, to which, when Eric was taught it, he "change[d] [the] hand shake to a 2 min. condensed version").  The three of them won an award (I can't find what) in another band in 2008.  & it was in 2000 when Josh Vanderlaan (drums) purchased his first drum kit.  I believe there is an LP to be expected for later this year.  This song is from "Introducing The City Harmonic".
I can't actually find the whole song anywhere, so I'll post the samples that come on Amazon & iTunes (both, as Amazon has more of the verse, & iTunes more of the chorus)
OR: you could just simply buy the EP because it is that amazing.  They do have hard copies available in a variety of stores, too (not just online!).

& for kicks, here's the song that got me hooked on them:

No comments:

Post a Comment