Monday, August 8, 2011

Hey! something that looks more like the stereotypical blog post & not music related!

I've been meaning to post something unrelated to music for sometime, & use this as a typical blog, & I found myself with a link to an article, & a thought from the past weekend.
Just in the past hour, a page I 'like' on Facebook brought me back to Relevant Magazine.  I figured I might as well share an article that I found to be an awesome reminder & a bit of an encourager in a way.
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/deeper-walk/features/26398-we-need-boring-christians
"We Need Boring Christians" - written by Andrew Byers.

& as I mentioned in last night's post, I was away on a retreat to a cottage just a few hours north of where I live - beautiful scenery, including rocks, & trees, & trees, & rocks, & rocks & trees, & trees... & water (see: this song; - the actual song starts at 1:16 & that's the last mention of music in here ;).  But amidst all the sights & settings, there was another purpose to being there as well.  It was a youth retreat, & the focus was on 'identity'.  What really ministered to me is our actual identity, if you're a believer, as Christians.  I'm going to snatch the list on Thursday (it's from a book - I'm going to make a copy of the list for myself so I can be reminded) & I'll post a few here within the next week (as I may not have time before Monday/Tues. next week...).  It's something I know I need to be more aware of & act upon.  Hopefully you'll find it useful, too.
P.S. It's from the book "Stomping out the Darkness" - by Neil T. Anderson & Dave Park.

But in the meantime,
take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment